*Contract to Hire Opportunity!*
Our client is an innovative healthcare solutions company dedicated to providing affordable, accessible services while maintaining a personal connection for patients. Thousands of workers are protected and healthier due to the efforts and innovations of this AHA Platinum level company.
This position participates in a team environment for the delivery and maintenance of application systems. Responsible for programming, debugging and testing of applications in a development environment. Generally responsible for database design and system testing. This position provides technical, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day-to-day work.
This position will work with a team utilizing one or more of the following premium technologies: Java/Perl/PHP/Python, J2EE, .NET, Unix Infrastructure, Oracle, DataStage, Salesforce.com and/or SQL Server/MySQL. Expected deliverables include but are not limited to requirement analysis, system analysis, system design, data models, program design, source code development, test case development, testing, and documentation.
- Develops and/or directs the creation of efficient and maintainable program code
- Develops efficient and effective program and system solutions in solving highly complex business problems
- Provides consulting support for IT and Business partners by researching, identifying and resolving complex technical problems
- Continuously seeks to improve job skills and actively participates in the company's learning environment
- Meets established deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality; negotiates changes to delivery dates
- Develops highly complex programs and systems in support of business processes and objectives
- Prepares and/or directs the creation of system test plans, test criteria, and test data.
- Develops innovative solutions to problems
- Understands, directs and participates in deliverables required by approved Development Lifecycles
- Expected to contribute to process improvement
- Determines and/or directs system design and prepares work estimates for development or changes for multiple work efforts
- Takes initiative and seeks out work
- Prepares and/or directs the creation of program, system, operational and User documentation
- Performs and/or directs testing and documents the results
- Adheres to policies, procedures, and standards in place within IT as well as all corporate policies, procedures and standards
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field
- Appropriate additional experience beyond the minimum required experience may be substituted for education
- Total of 7 years relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including, but not limited to application development or database development
- Experience must include significant involvement with one or more of the following premium technologies: Java/Perl/PHP/Python, J2EE, .NET, Unix Infrastructure, Oracle, DataStage, Salesforce.com and/or SQL Server/MySQL technologies used in a development environment
- Communicates clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written form
- Ability to work well with, and potentially lead, groups of business customers and IT partners
- Ability to provide direction to others in analysing and solving program and system issues and problems
- Strong technical proficiency in core technologies and methodologies used by the team
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of significant scope
- Ability to analyze, diagnose and resolve highly complex programming problems and system coordination issues
- Ability to provide technical direction and solutions to other team members
- Recognizes differences of how senior managers think and work
- Ability to plan and manage his/her own work, as well as 2-3 other team members
- Ability to lead large multi-discipline teams (5+) for complex work efforts which includes estimating, coordinating, tracking progress, inspiring others to complete tasks on time, assisting with resolving issues and creating status reports
- Ability to create a climate where people want to do their best as well as the ability to motivate and empower others on work teams
- Ability to mentor and coach other team members in technical matters.