Canberra, ACT Closing Date: Immediate StartDuration:
1 Year + 12months possible Extension Client:
Federal Government Department Job Reference N0:
0090 Innovative People Solutions
is an independent supplier of IT & Commercial recruitment and we have successfully aligned our business in a continuous evolving industry in the Australian market since 1988. IPS has a certified management system to the requirements of ISO9001:2008.
IPS is committed to excellence, quality and best practice. We have got a proven track record in delivering best services to our Clients as well as candidates.
Our Client, a major Federal Government Department, is seeking Server VMware ESX Specialist
Joins them to work on: The Work Includes:
To be considered for the position you will have:
- Provide specialist services for Windows based server infrastructure systems.
- In conjunction with Client managers, priorities, analyze and complete tasks according to the nature and urgency of the request.
- Assist with hardware and software configuration within the Client Standard Operating Environment (SOE).
- Provide 3rd level Support services for server infrastructure issues, Server 2008, DNS, and AD
- Participate in resolver groups as part of the problem resolution process.
- Implement changes to departmental systems SOE strictly in accordance with departmental change control procedures.
- Ensure that the tasks and progressive action history are duly recorded and concluded to the client's satisfaction.
- Participate fully in the project management process and Endeavour to achieve client outcomes in the most effective way.
- Comply with Client processes and procedures, in particular ITIL change management process.
- Maintain data and office security and system integrity in accordance with Departmental Security Instructions.
- As required, provide advice for ongoing maintenance of the Client ICT infrastructure.
- Transfer skills, provide documentation and exchange information to other team members, as required.
- Other duties as directed by Director SDS.
High level of knowledge and experience in VMware V4.0 and V5.0/ESX
High level of knowledge and experience in Microsoft Windows 2003 and/or 2008, Active
Directory, NDS, DHCP, SCCM, SCOM and related management products.
Knowledge of SQL 2005/2008
High level of knowledge and experience in Server hardware and server management tools
For the maintenance of the software SOE across ICT systems.
Knowledge of Thin Client Technologies
Knowledge and experience of Enterprise Storage experience
Scripting skills (VB/Perl/Batch)
Sounds like what you are looking for!
Submit your Resume in Word format by hitting apply button or send Resume in Word format t o Moni
. Alternatively for confidential discussion call Moni