Our client are a major supplier of marine electronics equipment, installation and repair services to the commercial and leisure markets. They are currently seeking an Engineer to join them at their Glasgow depot.
A Marine Electronics Engineer is responsible to the Marine Engineer in Charge;
· Carrying out installation and commissioning of equipment on Customers' vessels and premises.
· Carrying out maintenance and repair of equipment on Customers' vessels and premises and on Company premises.
· Providing technical advice and support to customers and the Company's sales and service agents.
· Promoting and seeking the sale of Company products and services during contact with customers.
· Assist with administrative tasks as and when directed.
· Able to perform surveys and inspections of ship radio communications and radio navigational installations, subject to being in possession of the appropriate qualifications, accreditation and experience.
· Be trained in the latest Hi-tech equipment justifying their experience and qualifications.
· Be able to undertake service work unsupervised.
· HNC or HND in electronics and an aptitude for PC applications
· UK GMDSS General Operators Certificate
· GMDSS Maintenance Certificate preferably
· Other equivalent qualifications can be accepted by agreement
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Negotiable salary + OT + Car